In the history of Islamic da’wah in the archipelago, we know the term Wali Songo. Wali Songo (the Nine Saints)is the nine saints sent by the Ottoman Empire to the land of Java periodically. Started at 1404 until 1569 (15th-16th century), in six periods.
Referral source of Islamic da’wah history in Indonesia is difficult to find because it is not in the country. Indonesia has been colonized by foreigners for centuries, so the people were fooled for generations. Several sources of stories about Wali Songo existed in Babad Tanah Jawi (a generic title for a large number of manuscripts written in Javanese language). It is said that this chronicle was composed by W. L. Olthof in Leiden, Netherlands in 1941. Besides the chronicle, the story of Wali Songo could also be obtained from ancient manuscripts located in the Turkish Palace Museum, Istanbul and Koprah Ferrara, Italy which is now stored in Leiden National Museum.
Historically, the existence of Wali Songo indicates that Nusantara (Indonesia) has a close relationship with the Ottoman Turkish sultanate. One of the saint sent by Shaykh Ja’far Shodiq from Palestine. Shaykh Ja’far Shodiq is known by the name of Sunan Kudus. Named Sunan Kudus because Sheikh Ja’far Shodiq was assigned in one of the areas of Demak Sultanate. The area is called Kudus. The name of Kudus is same as the name of city of al-Quds in Palestine. The mosque where he taught and developed the teachings of Islam within the city was also named al-Aqsa mosque, in accordance with the name of the mosque in the city of al-Quds, Palestine. The northern side of Kudus City is a mountain, called Mount Muria. The name Muria is also the name of a mountain or valley where the al-Aqsa mosque in Palestine lies.
The similarity of these three names (city, mosque, and mountain) signifies a close relationship. This relationship may be based on the background of the historical doers, namely Sunan Kudus came from Palestine. Or also want to take tabarruk (blessing) name. Because of the three names are in one region.
Apparently, that relationship uninterrupted and continues until now. Noted, that the victory symbol of al-Aqsa mosque in Palestine in the form of pulpit Nuruddin Zanky. When Saladin al-Ayyubi won the battle against the Crusaders and took over Al-Quds in 1187, he instructed the laying of the pulpit that had been built earlier inside the al-Aqsa mosque.
By the reason of the weakness of Muslims in the world, this pulpit of victory was successfully burned in 1969 by Australian Zionist extremists. Therefore, between 1969 and 2007 there was a temporary pulpit made of iron. The temporary pulpit made of iron has now been destroyed. Since 2007, a new pulpit similar to the original pulpit, put in its place. This new pulpit architect one of them is Indonesian.
Information related to the architect of the pulpit of al-Aqsa mosque is newly known by the Palestinian activists in Indonesia in the last Ramadan. Volunteers from Adara Relief International tried to trace further down to the city of Jepara. They met the person. His name is Abdullah Muthalib, used to be called Pak Thalib.
After Adara made the expedition, this time is Aspac for Palestine’s turn followed Adara’s steps. Last weekend, exactly on Sunday to Monday, 24 – 25 September 2017, the historic expedition team of Aspac for Palestine made a historical trip to the cities of Kudus and Jepara. The goal is to strengthen the information and studies that have been learned and studied. May this historical expedition be blessed from Allah. (Salman Alfarisy)